Digital Saheli is an elementary Computer Education course to empower women digitally started by RKCL in the year 2011. It has made more than 1 Lac female learners IT literate till date. Training of women learner is financially supported by Department of Women and Child Development Government of Rajasthan.
Important Dates and Batch Schedules:
- Batch Announcement as per guideline of Department of Women and Child Development Government of Rajasthan
- 5th pass Female Learner
Age –: 11-50 Years
Admission Criteria:- As per guideline from Department of Women and Child Development Government of Rajasthan.
- After completing this course, the learners will emerge as confident and versatile users of Information Technology.
Mode of Delivery
- Self- learning sessions
- Interactive eLearning content delivered through MKCL’s eLearning Platform namely ERA ( eLearning Revolution for All)
- Available at WAVE – Authorized IT Gyan Kendra’s (ITGK’s)
- Duration: 50 hours : (4 weeks; 6 days per week; 2 hours per day)
The Academic Approach of the course focuses on the “work centric” education i.e. begin with work (and not from a book !), derive knowledge from work and apply that knowledge to make the work more wholesome, useful and delightful. The ultimate objective is to empower the Learner to engage in socially useful and productive work. It aims at leading the learner to his/her rewarding career as well as development of the society.
- Learners are given an overview of the course and its connection to life and work.
- Learners are then exposed to the specific tool(s) used in the course through the various real-life applications of the tool(s).
- Learners are then acquainted with the careers and the hierarchy of roles they can perform at workplaces after attaining increasing levels of mastery over the tool(s).
- Learners are then acquainted with the architecture of the tool or Tool Map so as to appreciate various parts of the tool, their functions and their inter-relations.
- Learners are then exposed to simple application development methodology by using the tool at the beginner’s level
- Learners then perform the differential skills related to the use of the tool to improve the given ready-made outputs.
- Learners are then engaged in appreciation of real-life case studies developed by the experts.
- Learners are then encouraged to proceed from appreciation to imitation of the experts.
After imitation experience, they are required to improve the expert’s outputs so that they proceed from mere imitation to emulation.
- Finally, they develop the integral skills involving optimal methods and best practices to produce useful outputs right from scratch, publish them in their ePortfolio and thereby proceed from emulation to self-expression.
- Interactive eContent at no extra cost
- 1 CD for learning at Home
- Day-Wise Activity Calendar for the course
The eLearning material is continuously punctuated with a variety of formative eAssessment experiences which in comparison with the traditional exam.
- Sequential Learning through ERA (E-Learning Revolution for All)
- Student must complete/View at-least 75% content through ERA (E-Learning Revolution for All) for eligibility in appearing Final Examination
- Final Exam at the end of the course taken through ERA (E-Learning Revolution for All)
The medium of learning will be either in English.
The various topics covered under the course include – basics of computers, Windows operating system & Internet Applications.
The brief outline of the course, the course structure, various skills and competencies covered under the course are given below: – available with us separately
Written by RS-CIT
- Fees are borne by Department of Women and Child Development Government of Rajasthan.
Content Source : http://eweb.rkcl.in/digitalsaheli