Welcome to WAVE Certificate in Desk Top Publishing Home Page
This course will lead the Learner to a career path in Print Media industry in which s/he will be engaged in designing of Advertisements, Brochures, News paper layouts, Book Designing etc. At the end of the course the Learner will gain competencies to appear for the International Certification: Adobe Certified Expert – InDesign
Important Dates and Batch Schedules:
- All course – batches commence every month
- Last date of fee payment – 20th of every month
- Weekly Schedule: Tuesday to Saturday – Learning; Monday – Interim Performance Test
- Batch timings as per the convenience of the Learner
- RS-CIT or Equivalent course in Computer Fundamentals
- Photoshop CS 4
- Illustrator CS 4
- Print media designer
- DTP artist
Mode of Delivery
- Self- learning sessions
- Interactive eLearning content delivered through MKCL’s eLearning Platform namely ERA ( eLearning Revolution for All)
Duration: 120 hours : (12 weeks; 5 days per week; 2 hours per day)
The Academic Approach of the course focuses on the “work centric” education i.e. begin with work (and not from a book !), derive knowledge from work and apply that knowledge to make the work more wholesome, useful and delightful. The ultimate objective is to empower the Learner to engage in socially useful and productive work. It aims at leading the learner to his/her rewarding career as well as development of the society.
- Learners are given an overview of the course and its connection to life and work.
- Learners are then exposed to the specific tool(s) used in the course through the various real-life applications of the tool(s).
- Learners are then acquainted with the careers and the hierarchy of roles they can perform at workplaces after attaining increasing levels of mastery over the tool(s).
- Learners are then acquainted with the architecture of the tool or Tool Map so as to appreciate various parts of the tool, their functions and their inter-relations.
- Learners are then exposed to simple application development methodology by using the tool at the beginner’s level
- Learners then perform the differential skills related to the use of the tool to improve the given ready-made outputs.
- Learners are then engaged in appreciation of real-life case studies developed by the experts.
- Learners are then encouraged to proceed from appreciation to imitation of the experts.
After imitation experience, they are required to improve the expert’s outputs so that they proceed from mere imitation to emulation.
- Finally, they develop the integral skills involving optimal methods and best practices to produce useful outputs right from scratch, publish them in their ePortfolio and thereby proceed from emulation to self-expression.
- Interactive eContent at no extra cost
- Print Material in Authorized IT Gyan Kendra’s (ITGK’s) – Library
Name of the Book
InDesign CS4 in Simple Steps
Kogent Learning Solutions Inc.
The eLearning material is continuously punctuated with a variety of formative eAssessment experiences which in comparison with the traditional exam.
The marking scheme consists of 4 sections shown below:
- Section 1 (auto-marking): Learning
Viewing the Interactive eLearning Material: 25 marks
- Section 2 (auto-marking): Differential Skills Attainment
IPT’s: 25 marks
- Section 3 Online Objective Tests: 25 marks
- Section 4 (to be evaluated by the Learning Facilitator and sampled and moderated by YCMOU Moderators): Mini-Projects
Five SUPW Outputs Published in ePortfolio: 25 Marks
(Mini-projects can be uploaded only up to the last day of the course.
EXAMINATION & CERTIFICATION is done by RKCL
The medium of learning is English.
Principles and basics of print media, Designing layouts with vector and raster graphics using Adobe InDesign
Software for Hands-on:
• Adobe InDesign
This course offers the following modules: Module List is available with us separately
Rs.3000/- (inclusive of course fees, examination fees and certification fees)
Content Source : http://eweb.rkcl.in/wavedtp