Welcome to WAVE Certificate in Personal Finance Management (PFM)
This course offers detailed understanding and hands on experience broad based knowledge of financial terms and concepts used in day-to-day life for managing personal finances.
Reasons to Enroll
Financial literacy refers to the set of skills and knowledge that allows an individual to make informed and effective decisions through their understanding of finance. Financial Literacy is important to help individuals to meet their life’s goals and objectives.
The aim of the course is to educate learners on simple concepts of personal finance. The course would cover in simple language topics such as income, taxation, expenditure, savings & investment avenues, borrowing, managing risk, budgeting etc. Participants would also learn about various financial institutions and in what ways they can benefit from these institutions. The course will help participants to become aware of different products through which they can meet their financial needs and finally educate them about the benefits of prudent financial behaviour.
Important Dates and Batch Schedules:
- All course – batches commence every month
- Last date of fee payment – 20th of every month
- Weekly Schedule: Tuesday to Saturday – Learning; Monday – Interim Performance Test
- Batch timings as per the convenience of the Learner
National Stock Exchange of India Limited (NSE), a global leader in stock and derivatives trading, commenced operations in 1994 and since then has been playing the role of a catalytic agent in reforming the markets and in evolving the best market practices for the benefit of investors. NSE provides trading in a variety of securities such as equity, debt, derivatives, mutual funds, ETFs etc. To know more about NSE, please visit www.nseindia.com
- No Minimum Eligibility Criteria
- Preferably RS-CIT or Equivalent course in Computer Fundamentals
This course would benefit anyone who is keen on managing his personal finances. The course is designed in such a way that anyone can learn the different aspect of finance and money management very easily.
Mode of Delivery
• Self- learning sessions
• Interactive eLearning content delivered through MKCL’s eLearning Platform namely ERA ( eLearning Revolution for All)
• Available at WAVE – Authorized IT Gyan Kendra (ITGKs)
- Duration of Course – 4 weeks (1 month)
- 3 weeks of learning (18 days), 1 week for study leave and examination
- Daily 1 Hour, 6 days a week, Total 18 hours
The Academic Approach of the course focuses on the “work centric” education i.e. begin with work (and not from a book !), derive knowledge from work and apply that knowledge to make the work more wholesome, useful and delightful. The ultimate objective is to empower the Learner to engage in socially useful and productive work. It aims at leading the learner to his/her rewarding career as well as development of the society.
- Learners are given an overview of the course and its connection to life and work.
- Learners are then exposed to the specific tool(s) used in the course through the various real-life applications of the tool(s).
- Learners are then acquainted with the careers and the hierarchy of roles they can perform at workplaces after attaining increasing levels of mastery over the tool(s).
- Learners are then acquainted with the architecture of the tool or Tool Map so as to appreciate various parts of the tool, their functions and their inter-relations.
- Learners are then exposed to simple application development methodology by using the tool at the beginner’s level
- Learners then perform the differential skills related to the use of the tool to improve the given ready-made outputs.
- Learners are then engaged in appreciation of real-life case studies developed by the experts.
- Learners are then encouraged to proceed from appreciation to imitation of the experts.
After imitation experience, they are required to improve the expert’s outputs so that they proceed from mere imitation to emulation.
- Finally, they develop the integral skills involving optimal methods and best practices to produce useful outputs right from scratch, publish them in their ePortfolio and thereby proceed from emulation to self-expression.
Interactive eContent at no extra cost
Supervised Final Online Examination
- Supervised Final Online Examination shall be conducted at each WAVE – Authorized IT Gyan Kendra (ITGK) under the supervision of RKCL’s District Lead Center (TLC) / Program Support Agency representative.
- Supervised Final Online Examination shall comprise of an Objective test.
- Final Exam would comprise of supervised Objective Examination of 30 Minutes Duration & carrying 50 marks
- Long Assignment/Scenario based Question of 1 Hour duration & carrying 50 marks
EXAMINATION & CERTIFICATION is done by RKCL & NSE Jointly
The medium of learning will be either in English or Hindi.
The course consists of fourteen modules on various aspects of day-to-day finance, as mentioned below:
- Business Income and Agricultural Income
- Taxation and Expenditure
- Post Office
- Interest Income
- Equity and Mutual Funds
- Other Investments and Retirement Planning
- Taking a home loan
Rs.1500/- (inclusive of course fees, examination fees and certification fees)
Content Source : http://eweb.rkcl.in/wavepfm/